Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Talking about between Facebook and Mixi

Hi everyone, how do you do today? What's on your mind? Did you check your Facebook today? I think you did. How about my new Japanese vlog? I think you didn't.
So here you go!

Facebook has been the biggest Social Network Service so far. I started Facebook 2 years ago when I was in San Diego. Before I started it, I'd never heard of it.
The reason why I'd never heard of it was in Japan, Facebook was not so popular at that time. Lately, a movie came out and it's "Social Network".
After the movie came out, Facebook got popular in Japan. My friends (who are Japanese, absolutely!) decided to start Facebook. And I surprised how much Japanese love new things.
But the weird thing is those people (sorry, even including my friends.....) don't Facebook so often. (I guess they just wanted to try it because of it's a new thing!)
The other day, I was so curious about it and asked some of my friends.
"Facebook or Mixi, which one is better?"
And they said
"Of course it's Mixi! Because I don't speak English and know what to do on Facebook!"
"Mixi" is a Japanese SNS and it's much more popular than Facebook (in Japan).
I stared "Mixi" earlier than Facebook. It was about 4 or 5 years ago.
At that time, Facebook was totally unknown in Japan. Everybody knows and does Mixi.
But lately, the thing has slightly changed.
In Japanese book stores, I've seen a lot of "Facebook books". It's like this,
"How to start Facebook!"
"What to do on Facebook!"
"2011 is the Facebook year!"
"Facebook is perfect for your business!"
So people have just started following Facebook (even though it's been so famous since a million years ago!). But I doubt it's going to be popular in Japan. Because I've hear a lot of questions.
"Why is it NOW? We've already had Mixi instead of Facebook. Why would we want to do that?"
"What's the difference between them?"
"Do we have to speak and understand English?"
I've just heard of them from my friends. That's the reason why I vlogged about it.
So tell me (If you've ever joined Facebook or Mixi")
"Is Facebook going to be popular in this year?"
"Facebook or Mixi, which one is better? which one do you like?"
"Do you Facebook or Mixi? or Both?"
I'm looking forward to hearing from you! That's all I wanted to blog today, okaybye!

No comments:

Post a Comment